RSPG provides independent portfolio support and advisory services to investment fund managers, third-party administrators, and investors as well as compliance with applicable accounting standards, including ASC 820 Fair Value Measurements and Disclosures (formerly SFAS 157).
Private investment funds, including private equity funds and hedge funds use RSPG to provide comfort to their investors, auditors and fund managers by seeking independent fair value estimates.
RSPG’s services for fund managers include periodic independent reviews of management determinations of value. These services are cost-effective and include established procedures designed to provide both internal and investor confidence in fair value determinations.
Procedures include the verification of analytics, financial analysis, independent analysis of public guideline or comparable companies and private transactions, evaluating income methods (capitalization or discounted cash flow), tests of internal consistency in valuation, and other techniques.
RSPG advises on:
- Secured and Unsecured Debt Instruments
- Preferred and Common Equity Interests
- Convertible Securities, Warrants, and Options
- Derivative Securities
- Financial Reporting
RSPG provides services to:
- Hedge Funds
- Private Equity Funds
- Funds of Funds
- Business Development Companies
- Fund Investors
- Third-Party Administrators of Investment Funds
RSPG’s professionals will analyze equity, debt, and derivative securities of private companies. Our services cover compliance requirements for both portfolio companies as well as the fund itself, including:
Financial and Tax Reporting: We produce sophisticated, supportable, and timely valuations to assist companies with their complex domestic and international reporting requirements, including:
- Purchase price allocation
- Goodwill and long-lived asset impairment testing
- Employee stock options and restricted stock
- Variable interest entities
- Financial guarantees and indemnifications
Fund-Level Services: In addition to providing valuation services for portfolio companies, RSPG can assist with fund-level reporting requirements, including:
- Mark-to-market reporting for equity investments
- Carried interest valuations for personal tax planning
- Cross-fund transfers of portfolio companies
- LP reporting